Hylands House wedding venue is a beautifully restored country house, dating from 1730 set if a huge park. This makes it a stunningly wedding venue. The rooms inside have a look that just does not exist at any other Essex wedding venue.
The House was originally built as red brick Queen Anne style house, Hylands House has been changed and developed considerably throughout its history. The Nine different owners have each stamped their own personality on the house, extending and remodelling according to their tastes and the fashion of the day!
After the death of the last private owner in 1966, Chelmsford Council purchased Hylands and immediately opened the park to the public but unfortunatly left the house to decay. The restorations started in 1986 and were finally completed in 2007. It was fantastic to be involved in photographing some of the restoration work while it was progressing.